Homework for this Week
These are the topics for the Public Speaking competition. This week you will need to choose one, compile a list of arguments for or against the title and then to put together a speech for it.
- Children should be paid for attending school.
- Space exploration is a waste of money.
- Television is better than books
- Beauty is only skin deep.
- School should be two hours longer.
- The Olympics are a waste of money.
- Animals should have more rights.
- Everyone should have an electric car.
- Animals should not be killed for meat.
- All health care in Ireland should be free.
- Everyone should be accepted into any country.
- Irish should not be a compulsory subject in school.
- Phones should be banned for those under 14 years of age.
- Climate change has no impact on Ireland.
- Clothes/toys have no gender.
- If you are homeless it is your own fault.
- All students should get breaks from the classroom.
- Nowadays people work too hard.
- We should use ipads instead of books in school.
- All children should have a television in their room.
The link to the Internet survey is available at the following address.
Spelling Lists are available at the following link;
Each week the children will be asked to revise some of their Tables. Please ensure that they do practice these each night. Confidence in tables can be a great help in maths allowing the children to spend more time on more difficult parts of a question and spending less time on quick calculations.
Tuesday is Talking Tuesday. Every Tuesday night the children will have a little reading but will also have an assignment where they will talk to their parents about a topic we have been talking about in class.
Word Problem Wednesday
On Wednesday the children's maths work will be based on a word problem rather than their Mental Maths.
I introduced the kids to this website today. This is a wonderful website. There are lots of tutorial videos like the ones I will be creating in Maths but will have more than I could ever create (as well as giving the children a break from hearing my voice constantly). :) 5th Grade is the closest to 4th Class level but please feel free to have a look at some of the lower grades if the kids need to look back on things they may not have fully grasped first time around.